STYLE. PERFORMANCE. EXCELLENCE.
Vanderbilt Luxury Pontoons was started by people with a passion and commitment to building the highest quality, most innovative boats on the water. That commitment remains strong and is carried on as quite possibly the most advanced, luxurious, sport and highly-engineered luxury pontoon on the water today.
Vanderbilt Luxury Pontoons is privately owned and is located in Fort Wayne, IN. The company’s brand image is defined by its reputation for innovation and quality.
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE THAT DATES BACK TO 1945…
- 1945 – Grumman produced its first aluminum canoe
- 1988 – Marathon Boat Group designs the largest aluminum boat in its history – 22’3″ Grumman “Wonder,” for the Great Lakes
- 1990 – Outboard Marine Company (OMC) (Johnson &Evinrude) purchases the Grumman Boat and Canoe Division
- 2008 – Marathon Boat Group, LLC, releases first custom pontoon
- 2019 – Altair Investments, Inc., acquires Marathon Boat Group, LLC (MBG), and builds the first Vanderbilt 500 Series Twin Engine Pontoon
- 2022 – Vanderbilt Luxury Pontoons, LLC, is formed. Operations are moved to Fort Wayne, IN. The company assembles a team of expert pontoon builders, designers, and engineers… bringing expertise and innovation to the operations